I got back from Japan one month ago and I have not stopped thinking of it every day since.
I'm already planning my next trip (seriously). A list of things that I want to do next time I go back:
- Go to an onsen! It was too busy and expensive to go during Golden Week. I'd love to stay at a ryokan with a private onsen.
- Naoshima was my favourite place in Japan. The onsen there looked so cool. Next time I go back I'm going to stay at Benesse House Oval - you can look at the art after the museum is closed to the public! I would also go to some of the other art islands which looked equally stunning.
- Stay at the Claska Hotel in Tokyo
- Stay at Turrell's House of Light (so much amazing Turrell in Japan)
- Visit the Site of Reversible Destiny in Yoro
- See more art and design in Tokyo like the 2121 Design Sight and Mori Art Museum.
- Go to the Cup of Noodles Museum
- Go to a baseball game! It was playoffs & Golden Week when we were there so tickets were sold out but I'd definitely see the Carp if I was back in Hiroshima, there was Carp merchandise everywhere.
- Eat at the Gudetama (the best Sanrio character) restaurant.
Reading up a bunch on all the good stuff that I miss/am missing out on:
- Conbini Guide - I wish our convenience stores were this great, we probably got 3/4 of our breakfasts from 7-11 while in Japan.
- See My Little Sister
- I bought this issue of Holiday Magazine as soon as I got back to Vancouver because I kept seeing it at A.P.C. stores and only being able to look at snippets of it. This editorial with Edie Campbell is so stunning.
- Andy Rementer & Margherita Urbani in Tokyo - I bought that Onkul issue too! So many great magazines in Japan, I had to restrain myself.
- Okay, this Cure gel tho - miracle product.
Can I go back now?